The ultimate technology checklist for Facilities Managers
As a Facilities Manager you know that data is king! Data in real-time and accessible via your mobile device is the Holy Grail. Mobile devices and associated technology is a great tool for Facilities Managers particularly for asset management and field collaboration. By embracing cloud and mobile based technology you can effectively run a true 24-7-365 system without having to be chained to your office desk. If your objective is to reduce costs, improve efficiency and protect your facility then we suggest that you use this simple checklist. It will help to determine if you have the optimal technology running at your facility.
- Can you control the building’s lighting and security system from your mobile device?
- Do you have easy access to reports on energy consumption in the building?
- Is reporting on your building energy performance a simple task? Can it help you to make comparisons between different departments of your company?
- Are you able to receive email alerts if your security system has been breached?
- Do you have remote access to your security cameras on your computer or mobile device?
- Can you program various functions of the building to automatically turn on and off as required?